TressCox is aware of the effect general business can have on the environment and take its responsibilities as a corporate citizen very seriously. For those reasons, TressCox has taken the following action to reduce the negative impact our daily operations have on the environment:
- City Switch Green House Initiative – TressCox is a signatory of the City Switch Green House Initiative and the Firm is working towards a four star ABGR rating;
- Comprehensive Recycling Program extending to paper, plastic, glass, food and general rubbish;
- Reduction in multifunction devices coupled with the introduction of double sided printing to reduce the Firm’s usage of paper resources;
- Use of waterless or half flush toilet facilities;
- Timed lighting, air-conditioning and hot water systems;
- Reduction in the number of network servers to reduce energy consumption;
- Florescent tube, toner and Christmas card recycling; and
- Use of earth friendly cleaning products wherever possible.
TressCox also acknowledges that the cornerstone of any environmental program is a continuous improvement. To ensure that TressCox is continuously improving its processes it has established a National Green Team which is responsible for identifying and addressing environmental concerns in all three TressCox offices and promoting environmentally responsible lifestyles to TressCox employees and business partners.
Planned future activities to be undertaken by TressCox include:
- Participation in the Green House Challenge Plus Program overseen by the Commonwealth Government;
- Limited use of recycled paper, where appropriate;
- The purchase of carbon off sets for business air travel.