"What sets TressCox apart is we are always available for our clients, and pride ourselves on quick turnaround and clear advice. We offer a range of property services tailored to the client's needs, which can only be found from a connected and experienced team who have in-depth knowledge of the Property industry."
Property Team Leader, Sydney
The TressCox Property Team offers comprehensive legal services to provide solutions for all your requirements. These include:
- acquisitions and disposals;
- commercial, industrial and retail leasing;
- property development and subdivision;
- joint ventures and project development agreements;
- government property projects;
- alpine resort sales, development, acquisitions and operations;
- mining land acquisitions and easements;
- retirement villages and aged care;
- hotels and tourism; and
- planning and environment law.
We pride ourselves in delivering prompt and effective service with innovation and practical advice.
Our clients include property developers, listed property trusts, corporations, local councils, government authorities, alpine resort operators, oil and coal companies and financial institutions.
We are well known for our understanding of the unique requirements of government clients. Where necessary, our property team works closely with our tendering and probity experts. We have the expertise to assist with government asset disposals, long term leases, Crown land, native title, compulsory acquisitions and development projects.
Our team also has experience in planning and environment law with expertise in compulsory acquisitions, probity and appeals to the Land and Environment Court. We offer practical and effective advice in issues such as environmental liability, development applications and heritage agreements. Our clients include local councils as well as applicants and developers.
The Property Team also works closely with other areas of the Firm, including commercial, construction, litigation, banking and finance, insolvency and tax to ensure that the necessary expertise is applied for each project.
We are active members of the property industry and are at the forefront of property law. This is illustrated by the following:
- Members of our team hold committee positions with the Property Council of Australia and the Urban Development Institute of Australia.
- Members of our team hold a specialist accreditation in property law.
- Partner, Christopher Conolly is an author for the Options topic of the property law module of LexisNexis Practical Guidance.
- We are responsible for drafting and updating property precedents for the Law Society of NSW.
Asia Pacific Legal 500
TressCox is listed as a recommended law firm in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2011/12 & 2012/13) for Real Estate.
Best Lawyers® Australia
TressCox was selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers® Australia publication in 2013 for Land Use and Zoning.
Click here to read more.