Our Property team provides comprehensive legal services to property developers, listed property trusts, corporations, local councils, government authorities, alpine resort operators, oil and coal companies and financial institutions. We provide solutions for all of your real property requirements.
We can assist you with key areas including:
- Acquisitions and disposals of property including commercial, industrial, residential, rural land and development sites
- Alpine resort sales, development, acquisitions and operations
- Broadacre subdivisions
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing
- Due diligence for purchasers and vendors
- Expressions of interest and tenders
- Government property projects
- GST including under the margin scheme
- Hotels and tourism
- Joint ventures and project development agreements
- Mining land acquisitions and easements
- Options including acquisitions and sales by way of put and call options and call options
- Planning and environment law
- Property development
- Retirement villages and aged care
- Rural land and water rights, and
- Strata and community title, body corporate and owners corporation law.
We pride ourselves on delivering you a prompt and effective service with innovation and practical advice. Our sales and acquisition practice for example, is set up to support you with electronic conveyancing.
We are well known in the industry for our understanding of the unique requirements of government clients. Where necessary our Property team works closely with our tendering and probity experts. We have the expertise to assist with government asset disposals, long term leases, Crown land, native title, compulsory acquisitions and development projects.
Our team can advise you in planning and environment law with added expertise in compulsory acquisitions, probity and appeals to the Land and Environment Court. We can offer you practical and effective advice in issues such as environmental liability, development applications and heritage agreements. Our clients include local councils as well as applicants and developers.
Dedicated to helping you with your legal needs, our Property team works closely with other areas of the Firm, including commercial, construction, litigation, finance, insolvency and tax to ensure that the necessary expertise is applied to each of your projects.
We are active members of the property industry and are at the forefront of property law. This is illustrated by the following:
- We are responsible for drafting and updating property precedents for the Law Society of NSW
- We have assisted in the establishment of the LexisNexis “Gold Standard Precedents” for Real Property Law in Queensland and Victoria with Partner, Dan Flynn’s team drafting the conveyancing precedents for Victoria. Partner, Christopher Conolly is the General Editor of LexisNexis “Gold Standard Precedents” for Real Property Law
- Partner, Christopher Conolly is an author for the Options topic of the property law module of LexisNexis Practical Guidance
- Members of our team have held committee positions with the Property Council of Australia and the Urban Development Institute of Australia
- Members of our team hold a specialist accreditation in property law, and
- We are members of Australia's online property exchange network Property Exchange Australia (PEXA).
- Our Property News & Events
- Our Property Achievements
Asia Pacific Legal 500
We have been listed as a recommended law firm in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2011/12 - 2016 inclusive) for Real Estate.
Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific Legal Directory
We have been recognised as a noted firm for Real Estate in the 2015 and 2017 Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific Legal Directory.
We have been listed as a recommended law firm in Asialaw Profiles (2016 - 2018 inclusive) for Construction & Real Estate.
Best Lawyers® Australia
We were selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers® Australia publication in 2013 to 2018 inclusive for Land Use and Zoning, 2014/15 to 2018 for Real Property and 2017 - 2018 for Retirement Villages and Senior Living.
Corporate International Global Awards
We were awarded the 2014 Corporate International Global Industry Choice Award for 'Property Development Law Firm of the Year in Australia'.
- Related Areas