2017 Employment, IR & Workplace Safety Law Masterclass Workshop Series - Brisbane
In 2017, our Employment, IR & Workplace Safety Law Team have launched a series of in-depth Masterclass Workshops in Brisbane. The Masterclass Series has been created to provide employers and businesses with the opportunity for in-depth discussion, learning objectives and take home practical tools on aspects of employment and workplace law. Each Masterclass will address elements of each phase of the employment relationship and life cycle, as well as topical issues happening in the employment law space.
We hope you can attend one of TressCox Masterclasses on offer.
MASTERCLASS 3 l SEPARATION & POST EMPLOYMENT
During this Masterclass we will take a practical approach to:
- Staff leaving, and the enforcement of post-employment restraints and obligations.
- Recent dismissal cases and identify lessons for employers to minimise risk of exposure to claims against the business.
Date: Thursday, 9 November 2017
Time: 8.15am arrival for a 8.30am start and a 12.00pm finish
Refreshments will be offered during at the Workshop
Venue: TressCox Lawyers Office, Level 4, 40 Creek Street, Brisbane
MASTERCLASS 1 I RECRUITMENT & ON-BOARDING
At this Masterclass we will examine:
- The impact workplace laws can have on the questions you ask candidates
- The employment relationship: What are your obligations?
- Minimum terms and conditions of employment and the importance of employment contracts
- Benefits of on-boarding from an employment law perspective
Date: Thursday, 9 March 2017
MASTERCLASS 2 l ATTENDANCE & PERFORMANCE
At the end of this Masterclass you will have a greater understanding of:
- Managing ill or injured workers: The legal framework, common legal issues including requests for medical assessments and lawful dismissals.
- Getting workplace investigations right: When to investigate, who should investigate, the investigation process and legal principles.
Date: Thursday, 13 July 2017
About the Presenter
Our presenter, Vanessa James-McPhee is a Senior Associate in our National Employment, IR & Workplace Safety Team who is passionate about helping businesses understand their workplace and employment law obligations. Vanessa has extensive knowledge of performance management and dismissal of employees, restructures and redundancies, workplace bullying, harassment and discrimination complaints, transfer of business, employment contracts and policies and procedures. Vanessa also provides advice and representation to a range of clients in relation to unfair dismissal claims, discrimination, general protections claims and wages claims, as well as undertaking workplace investigations.
Who Should Attend?
Our Masterclass Workshops are specifically designed and are an ideal forum for continuing education for HR practitioners, facility / operations managers, business owners or anyone who is responsible for managing people. Places are limited to ensure interactive group discussions and opportunities for one-on-one consultation.
Cost of Investment
Now is the time to invest in your knowledge and provide further protection to your business. Attendance at our Employment, IR & Workplace Safety Law Masterclass Workshops are competitively priced at:
- Masterclass Workshops: $600 (excl. GST) per person / per workshop
Discounts may apply to businesses registering multiple attendees. Please contact Kim Logan at Kim_Logan@tresscox.com.au for further information.
We hope you can attend the 2017 Employment, IR & Workplace Safety Law Masterclass Series.
Keep up to date with the latest TressCox Lawyers Employment Law Blog Posts.