Meet Anjali Woodford, one of our Special Counsel
Contact & Expertise
Areas of expertiseContact Anjali
Anjali has worked in the Melbourne Health Law Division since 2008. She has extensive experience in representing medical indemnity insurers, medical practitioners, allied health professionals, hospitals (public and private) and health care facilities that are subject to:
- Medical negligence claims in the County Court of Victoria and Supreme Court of Victoria, including claims of “wrongful birth”, cerebral palsy and delayed diagnosis of cancer.
- Complaints made to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency/Medical Board of Australia including issues about drugs and poisons prescribing, mandatory reporting, advertising regulations, adequacy of medical records, doctor/patient boundaries and communication and health impairments.
- Investigations and inquests into deaths by the Coroners Court of Victoria
- Investigations by the Health Complaints Commissioner
- Investigations regarding access to medical records
- Audits by Medicare Australia
- Appeals by medical colleges
Anjali also has experience in general insurance and providing advice to major insurers on complex and sensitive issues surrounding indemnity.
Anjali’s experience includes a secondment with the Australian Medical Association of Victoria (AMA), where she provided legal advice to medical practitioners and assisted the organisation with its legal issues. Anjali continues to provide advice to AMA members and obtain referrals directly from AMA.
Anjali is a committee member of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Public Liability and Medical Negligence Committee.