Meet Clare Mirabello, one of our Special Counsel
Contact & Expertise
Areas of expertiseContact Clare
Clare Mirabello has in excess of twenty years’ experience in dealing with and advising on intellectual property in a number of different industries – primarily copyright, trade marks and designs.
Clare has, since about 1997, acted for many independent film producers in relation to the development, financing and production of their film and television projects. Her credits include the feature films ‘Lantana’ ,‘Bright Star’ and ‘Wish You Were Here’ and for television, ‘The Road from Coorain’ (ABC), ‘Remote Area Nurse’ (SBS), ‘The Slap’ (ABC) and ‘The Straits’ (ABC). She has also acted for investors, including Screen NSW and Screen Australia and for the ABC. Her experience also includes advising on and drafting documentation for private fundraising for film investment; international co-productions and projects and structures involving the producer offset.
Clare also regularly provides advice to live theatre producers in relation to the financing and production of their shows including the acquisition and licensing of rights for those shows.
Clare has also acted for a number of high profile performers advising on and negotiating a variety of deals.
Clare manages the firm’s Trade Mark practice and, in this capacity, has extensive experience in brand protection and enforcement. This expertise includes:
- advising on trade mark creation and protection strategies;
- advising on registration and licensing of trade marks;
- managing trade mark portfolios;
- providing opinions on the use and registrability of trade marks as well as trade mark infringements;
- advising on brand management;
- advising on parallel importing issues;
- reviewing, drafting and negotiating assignment agreements; and
- advising on other areas of intellectual property.
Clare also regularly advises on registered designs and their infringement and copyright issues.
- Clare's Achievements & Credentials
Clare Mirabello was selected for inclusion in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2016) for Intellectual Property.